Yazidi Program Director, Iraq
Are you an experienced humanitarian leader with a heart for the hurting? As a Yazidi Program Director in Iraq, you will provide focus to the program’s vision, as well as oversight for the implementation of a program focused on agriculture and livelihoods through large scale greenhouse management. In the aftermath of years of war and tragedy in Iraq, Samaritan’s Purse is engaged in rebuilding resiliency by restoring livelihoods, especially in the agricultural sector. For an opportunity to serve in a tangible way, put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Provide vision and overall guidance on shaping the direction of the program.
- Ensure that the program remains focused on meeting vulnerable populations.
- Spearhead new initiatives with a focus on ministry activities and outreach.
- Provide oversight for set-up, implementation, and maintenance of on-site programs and services.
- Oversee all Human Resources and Security-related issues in partnership with Area Coordinator, Security Manager, and Country Director.
- Oversight of coordination with local authorities, government agencies, and key beneficiary leadership focal points, to ensure clear and coordinated approach to program operations.
- Oversight of negotiation of terms of contracts with private and governmental agencies.
- Oversight of all key program objectives of Program Managers.
- Responsible for regular budget meetings held with Program Managers and Operations Team.
- Responsible for external communications of program activities to government officials, local coordination bodies, and relevant Samaritan’s Purse staff members.
- Identify and design ideas for further livelihood and agricultural programming in the area based on technical recommendations of Program Manager.
- Direct supervision of the Agriculture and Livelihoods Program Manager, and key ministry staff.
- May directly supervise other management positions if required.
- Manage execution of the program’s budget in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Accountable for applicable reporting, and for grant compliance.
- As the Program Director for Samaritan's Purse, represent the program to external stakeholders.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement.
- Experience working and living overseas (Middle East context preferred), with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong theological background, ideally accompanied by experience in training and/or education.
- Strong knowledge of agriculture and irrigation systems and experience working with contractors and around construction sites.
- Experience designing and/or managing ministry programs in the Middle East.
- Fluent spoken and written English required, Arabic skills preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Above average communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the well-being of the team.
- Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the program’s focus on the overarching mission of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two year related experience. and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
12 month contract with strong potential for renewal.
This position is accompanied, but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9039