WASH Program Manager, South Sudan
Are you an experienced Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) professional with a longing to serve as the hands and feet of Christ? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a WASH Program Manager for our office in South Sudan, where we have answered the call to bring a tangible representation of Christ’s love through the delivery of safe drinking water and hygiene to a people in need. Intrigued? Read on to see if you could be the one to answer the call!
Description of Job Duties:
- Designs and improves the technical engineering implementation aspects of the Samaritan’s Purse WASH Program in assigned camps.
- Manages a staff of Water and Sanitation Engineers and Technicians in all areas of water and sanitation technology.
- Coordinates and leads any emergency relief situations involving WASH efforts, creating and drafting technical designs, and submitting regular reports on the work being completed.
- Responsible for reporting, cross-departmental coordination, financial accountability, external stakeholders’ engagement, supporting project managers, and coordination in the WASH sector.
- Monitors the events/outputs to ensure the timely completion of the project.
- Ensures the program meet donors requirement including time frame, resource allocation, scope, and risk management.
- Ensures the program stays within the work plan and within the scope of overall Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan WASH programming.
- Works with program departments and operations manager to create update and attain the WASH implementation plan as per the set standard.
- Ensures the project will satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries. Provides oversight of water source construction and sanitation projects to ensure quality.
- Ensures WASH plans are developed and implemented with community engagement, taking into account local needs.
- Upholds a high standard of quality by ensuring all programs refer to technical standards, conform to government standards, and are aligned with internal and external strategic objectives.
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse WASH program in coordination meetings with UNHCR and other camp management meetings.
- Trains national staff in WASH-related technical areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in water supply and sanitation engineering, hydraulic engineering, civil engineering, or related field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ work experience in similar WASH role.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience working with UNHCR is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, EPANET 2, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Diplomatic in communications with all NGO, governmental, and community partners.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment.
- Must be culturally sensitive and respectful of church leaders from all denominations.
- The WASH Program Manager must work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat when conducting field visits.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10996