Ward Nurse, Memorial Christian Hospital, Bangladesh
Samaritan’s Purse is serving in Bangladesh to assist increasingly anguished Rohingya refugees fleeing from Myanmar into neighboring Bangladesh. Many Rohingya are sick and injured and are in need of medical attention. We are recruiting Ward Nurses to serve in Memorial Christian Hospital to help treat their physical needs, but more importantly to share the love of Jesus Christ.
The Ward Nurse is responsible for assisting the Nursing Supervisor for Memorial Christian Hospital (MCH) in Bangladesh with all activities/programs involving nursing care and management at MCH. In addition to patient care, the Ward Nurse will provide supervision for expat and national nursing staff, as well as conduct trainings as needed.
It is recognized that during deployment the Ward Nurse will be seconded to Memorial Christian Hospital and will therefore, be subject to the hospital’s rules, regulations and policies.
Description of Job duties:
· Work with the nursing supervisor, doctors, nurses and other ancillary staff to provide overall nursing care at the hospital to potentially include pediatric, obstetric/gynecological, medical and surgical care.
· Responsible for daily ward rounds and ward shifts, as frequent as the patients’ conditions demand.
· Liaise with local Ministry of Health, UNHCR and other representatives on local, state, and national level to support Samaritan’s Purse’s programmatic interests and activities, only as required by Samaritan’s Purse’s leadership.
· Assist with all general nursing activities and procedures at Memorial Christian Hospital and report any programmatic issues to the Nursing Supervisor.
· Must be available to assist nurses and ancillary medical staff with difficult procedures.
· May be called upon to offer didactic lectures to the nurses and other ancillary staff as need arises.
· Available for calls up to 24 hours a day five or six days a week.
· Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
· Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
· Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
· RN or BSN from a certified, licensed college or university is required.
· Active nursing license is required.
· 5+ years Nursing experience and/or multiple deployments in resource-poor settings.
· Demonstrated nursing/medical experience in a developing country.
· Passionate to serve in a cross cultural setting.
· Proficient in basic Microsoft Office package and Internet.
· Able to lead and encourage teamwork among staff at the hospital.
6 month contract.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· Vacation days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8737-1