Volunteer Teams Coordinator
Hurricane Irma destroyed the island of Barbuda leaving the population desolate and hopeless. Samaritan’s Purse is currently working to clean up the island, and plans to rebuild its infrastructure. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help support our ongoing project by serving as our Volunteer Teams Coordinator!
As Volunteers Teams Coordinator, you will be given the opportunity to be responsible for the coordination of short-term international volunteer teams coming to serve with the rebuilding efforts in Barbuda, including orientation, planning, logistics, and site work. You will work to recruit, train, and monitor all teams and ensure that their time on the island is productive and positive.
- Coordinate with the Program Managers for assessment and prioritization of projects, including number of volunteers needed at any given time.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of volunteers to provide support for the rebuilding efforts in Barbuda.
- Communicate directly with volunteers by phone and e-mail to schedule teams and answer questions.
- Send confirmation packet to volunteer teams and process volunteer evaluations for monthly reports.
- Develop work plans, orientation, and budgets for visiting volunteer teams. Act as direct contact during their time serving and provide any support, trouble shooting, etc.
- Accompany teams into the field to provide logistical support as required.
- Design and manage all the forms and spreadsheets and track historical data and information through spreadsheets, databases, and other methods to support the overall efforts of the volunteer program.
- Create monthly summaries on volunteer program, any issues arising, and projected needs.
- Demonstrate exemplary Christian servant leadership in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; knowledge in project management or a minimum of 3 to 5 years related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience living and working in a developing nation, especially one with little to no infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Servant's heart with a strong commitment to Christ, and desire to share Him with others.
- Cultural sensitivity with respect for church and community leaders from all denominations.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong networking, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Unable to accommodate family or spouse
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8694