Volunteer Relations Equipping Manager
Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 100 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Our desire is to continue to grow this exciting, life changing ministry so more children around the world are impacted by the Gospel. We accomplish shoebox gift growth through the development of leader volunteers in the US who lead local volunteer teams promoting and growing the ministry of Operation Christmas Child in their communities.
We are currently searching for a training professional, who will serve on our Volunteer Relations team. The Equipping Manager will create and execute a strategy, managing a team that designs, develops, and delivers all training content and resources in order to equip Operation Christmas Child domestic volunteers. This position requires a strategic thinker, with 5-7 years of experience as a professional trainer. Good communication skills are critical, as this opportunity will act as liaison with other training consultants and teams with whom we partner. Additional knowledge surrounding e-learning and other virtual learning is preferred.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Develop the overall training strategy for all equipping pieces so that they are consistent, comprehensive, and synchronized across different training mediums.
- Determine gaps in volunteer effectiveness and create the training standard to ensure consistency
- Manage the development of all practical and spiritually based content for both traditional and eLearning training including e-Learning content and handouts, Connect breakout sessions and handouts, ministry specific training, handbooks and presentations.
- Provide daily oversight and direction of a team, ensuring the performance of all staff members meet the requirements of their job.
- Ensure that subject matter experts such as Domestic Managers and Field Committees are utilized to innovate, analyze and develop all training content to create effective ministry-specific trainings including outlines, scripts, storyboards and reviews.
- Manage the design and development of Connect breakout session content and materials according to instructional design principles and including scripting, PowerPoint Presentations, on-screen graphics, presenter’s notes, activities, and handouts.
- Ensure that Field Staff are effective trainers for group training sessions including at Connect and other ministry conferences.
We ask that you bring:
- Management experience
- Creative, strategic experience
- 5-7 years’ experience as training professional
- Vision and passion to lead
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please make sure to include a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9514