Vision Trips Coordinator
- Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse, is spreading the Good News across the globe in over 100 countries through a simple shoebox gift. You could be part of this life changing ministry program. We’re searching for a Vision Trips Coordinator to join our team in Charlotte, NC. This could be your opportunity to have a career with purpose and impact! If you have the ability to be adaptable to ever-changing demands, can build relationships, manage and organize international events, work with vendors, and make strategic decisions, please apply!
The Vision Trips Coordinator would be responsible for coordinating all of the details related to the assigned vision trips. The primary focus is on guests and staff care, ensuring they are well informed and prepared for their international trip. This includes working closely with the Vision Trips Manager to insure that vision for each distribution trip is successfully met.
- Oversee critically important attendee and staff communications for vision trips. This includes trip updates, travel details and attendee correspondence (phone and email).
- Manage content of registration system, trip websites, mobile applications, etc. Build, test and launch registration process for each vision trip.
- Coordinate all guest lists and information including contact information, passport information, flight details, medical release forms, waivers, rooming lists, insurance details, etc.
- Work closely with Samaritan’s Purse Travel to coordinate the travel details for all guest and staff attending vision trips.
- Track financial contributions for guests and ensure that Samaritan’s Purse financial procedures are followed.
- Develop production requests for printed materials including team manuals, fact sheets, t-shirts, and gifts for trip volunteers and vendors.
- Provide on-site support on select vision trips as needed.
- Purchase, prepare, pack and ship event materials as needed for each trip.
- Create tools to gather guest evaluations/input; analyze gathered information to provide suggestions for process improvement.
- Perform additional administrative functions such as expense reports, reimbursements, wire transfers, editing of various documents, create name tags, etc.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid customer service skills are required.
- International travel experience preferred.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing demands.
- Analytical, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out plans and solve problems independently.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
?? We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)