Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Videographer in our Broadcast Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Videotape the work of Samaritan's Purse (SP) and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) events in a way that the footage will meet the standards and the needs of the producer or production(s) intended.
- Must be proficient at shooting in different styles when called upon to do so.
- Take direction and creatively exchange ideas on a shoot with a writer, producer or director responsible for the final production.
- Take direction from other staff in charge of events or projects concerning matters of policy, logistics, program, safety, and other areas that cross into the duties of the ministries.
- Set up small ENG/EFP shoots with little or no help (lighting, equipment, decor, etc.). Design and create sets as directed.
- Utilize professional lighting techniques and audio standards.
- On lone shoots, must have the knowledge and abilities to collect pre-shoot instructions and information and to act with professional abilities in supervising, interviewing and shooting the video needed.
- Contribute constructive video production ideas and overall organizational video strategies in production meetings, while on video shoots, and during the production of any video.
- Exhibit confidence and ability to quickly make good decisions during tight deadlines and pressure-filled situations while on location shoots or in-house productions.
- Willing and able to give direction and also take direction.
- Excellent verbal communication skills needed to communicate not only with peers but also with other people of other races, nationalities, religions, ethnic groups, cultures, etc.
- Log all videos within 72 working hours of returning after a shoot unless otherwise directed, to ensure timely processing. Log all archive videos.
- Pack all gear and supplies for location shoots ensuring that the gear is packed properly to guard against damage and keeping the gear limited to proper weight standards of the airlines.
- Accountable for the entire field gear while in house and while on the field.
- Secure and maintain the documentation (Carnet) of all equipment related to the carrying out of duties overseas.
- Plan and secure all customs clearances on all international shoots. Assure the proper amount of supplies to fulfill all the needs of the shoot.
- Make maintenance and cleaning schedules for all field video equipment, ensuring the schedules are kept, and that all the field equipment is cleaned and properly maintained.
- Assist with duties such as dubbing assignments, lighting techniques, audio requirements, graphic creation, edit assistance, locating shots, investigating equipment for possible purchases, especially video equipment directly related to the actual carrying out of Videographer's duties.
- Produce pieces, under the supervision of the Associate Director, including conceptualizing, writing, "rough cut" editing, shot selecting and working with editors to insure production is finalized, taking the process from "startup" through to completion.
- Willing to work with producers in an associate status on productions. Assist Producer(s) by shot-sheeting any script assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or four to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8927-1