Video/Music Licensing & Research Coordinator
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Video/Music Licensing & Research Coordinator in our Broadcast Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Acquire and secure outside licensee footage and the musical master and synchronization licenses associated with all broadcast and distributed materials.
- Coordinate and administrate the licensing processes and keep accurate and detailed records for all broadcasts, Internet distribution, and production events.
- Coordinate the license agreement processes for music libraries used routinely and licensed annually or periodically.
- Research private, corporate, and public records to generate information useful to and requested by the video production staff pertaining to footage needs, ministry projects, etc. Write, organize, and present results of research in an orderly, understandable, and informative manner.
- Oversee entire process from receiving the initial requests, routing of approvals as appropriate, coordination of proper legal authorization, coordination of duplication of video product and final delivery of requested product or the denial of request as is deemed appropriate by SP leadership.
- Coordinate user-created content acquisition. Includes organizing/compiling footage, which is acquired through a user-generated content app from the field, and making it available in a timely fashion within the Broadcast Department for potential use in video productions. Work in collaboration with the Broadcast Production Manager to help implement and sustain the system.
- Coordinate and organize metadata naming conventions in our media management system to assist in quickly securing and identifying specific video clips as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and three (3) to five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with computer-based databases,spreadsheets,and word processing required.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Detail Oriented, with great communication and collaboration skills
Job Status: Full Time