USAID Livelihoods and Cash Program Manager
Are you an experienced Livelihoods professional with a heart for the hurting? As a USAID Livelihoods and Cash Program Manager in Iraq, you will provide oversight of a program focused on livelihoods through cash-for-asset and cash-for work activities. In the aftermath of years of war and tragedy in Iraq, Samaritan’s Purse is seeking the right candidate to facilitate the return of internally displaced persons while building community-level resilience. For an opportunity to serve in a tangible way, put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Responsible for implementing community-driven cash-for-asset and cash-for-work programs.
- Regularly assess the success of the program based on quantitative and qualitative data, and make recommendations as-needed.
- Ensure compliance with Samaritan’s Purse standards and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain high quality standards across all areas of program implementation, including operational, program, and finance management.
- Manage program budget, timeline, and phasing.
- Provide technical oversight on project implementation.
- Recruit and train staff, supervise project staff, and develop staff work plans.
- Prepare and submit internal and donor reports as needed.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse with partner, non-governmental, and governmental counterparts.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year university with a degree in a livelihoods related discipline.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ experience designing and/or managing cash-for-work programs, preferably in a post-conflict environment.
- Minimum one year of experience implementing a program in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and financial management experience.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Experience working and living overseas (Middle East context preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English required; Arabic language proficiency preferred.
12 month contract with strong potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
This position is contingent upon anticipated funding.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9276