Travel Coordinator, World Medical Mission
Are you an experienced Travel Coordinator with a heart for sharing the love of Christ? As a Travel Coordinator with Samaritan’s Purse, you will be responsible for supporting mission hospitals by assisting volunteer medical staff with their overseas contacts, travel, housing, documentation, and orientation needs. Your efforts will help to meet the dynamic needs of World Medical Mission at our headquarters in Boone, North Carolina.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. Let God put your talents to use in a first-class organization with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Acts as communication intermediary between volunteers, the mission hospital/clinic, and the Placement Coordinators.
- Serves as public relations liaison between the volunteers, the travel agency and donors to aid in their understanding of service to mission hospital/clinic in foreign countries as well as a comprehensive understanding of World Medical Mission and Samaritan’s Purse ministries.
- Provides oversight and direction to entire logistical process once volunteers are placed at hospital/clinic.
- Sends detailed orientation packets to volunteers.
- Assists volunteers in obtaining information regarding workload, call schedules, facility layout, needed supplies and medical equipment.
- Manages a wide variety of logistical problems in route, which may include emergencies. Ability to problem-solve, trouble-shoot and offer viable solutions.
- Updates and restructures hospital/clinic orientation materials on an ongoing basis. Keeps efficient and accurate records in volunteers’ electronic file. Keeps each step of the logistics process documented in CRM.
- Researches and facilitates all travel arrangements upon receipt of a volunteer file.
- Communicates confirmed travel schedules and all documentation needed for trips, such as passports, tickets, and customs letters. Assists in procurement of documents needed for timely issue of visas.
- Obtains necessary documentation from volunteers for medical license, special pass, work permit and dependent’s pass.
- Organizes medical credentials, obtains letter of good standing, assures that documents have been notarized, if needed, and sends them to the hospital.
- Manages project activity for related expenses to include requesting payment for any booked airfare at the time of the booking as well as making sure any expenses that need to be reimbursed are properly handed over to the expense manager.
- Processes check request for payment (wire transfers) to field offices for reimbursement of in-country flights, etc. Codes any project invoices appropriately. Processes all checks that come in as donations for the volunteers project account and keeps clear records of all transactions.
- Participates in conferences, specific meetings and reports as indicated. Assists Director, Manager, and Placement Coordinators in preparations for conferences and projects meetings by preparing reports, presentations and other projects as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in use and manipulation of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Significant experience serving in a time-sensitive customer-service environment.
- Demonstrated phone etiquette.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8720