Technology & Data Systems Specialist
When disaster strikes the needs are urgent and they are many. During a crisis we provide basics such as food, clean water, shelter, and medical care to people in need all over the world. In long-term recovery efforts we help build houses, schools, hospitals, and churches. We also help hurting homeowners in the United States devastated by natural disasters.
The Technology & Data Systems Specialist is responsible for the collection of data and the analysis of data for all areas of North American Ministries (NAM), including the coordination of acquisition and preparation of data from various sources both within and outside the ministry as well as the translation of key findings to leadership and other key stake holders. This position places primary focus on the use of Tableau Software to provide analysis and reporting. Responsible for implementing other technologies to enhance North American Ministries programs.
- Manage the development, implementation, and advancement of data analysis software (Tableau) for the purpose of monitoring, reporting, and measuring the effectiveness of key ministry initiatives across North American Ministries.
- Manage and prepare all data for use by NAM and associated ministry support areas.
- Support the Volunteer Management System (VMS) and Tableau Software for NAM as related to managing volunteer and work order data.
- Maintain regular and open communication with the NAM Management Team to develop and manage dashboards of both static and dynamic data for monitoring and evaluating overall program.
- Act as a liaison with Information Technology Department to capture data generated through various processes throughout the ministry. This would include volunteer, homeowner and church data, as well as data captured through Advanced CRM.
- Offer informed and creative briefings on how to use existing NAM data for analysis, trend observation, and growth.
- Train NAM staff and volunteers on the utilization and interpretation of Tableau dashboard reports.
- ·Utilizing ArcGIS software, provide prompt church and storm geographical information (GIS) needed by teams on the ground throughout deployments, ensuring this information is regularly updated.
- ·Stay current on the latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, applications, and analytics applicable to the work of Samaritan’s Purse North American Ministries.
- ·Monitor external blogs, websites, and other online media forums for North American Ministries messaging and positioning, and facilitate response.
- ·Support Volunteer Relations Team with special projects as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Data Management or closely related discipline. Two (2) or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Information Technology or Data Management. Must have knowledge of core data management principles and practices and be able to translate data into a visual dashboards, including data analysis skills and statistical analysis ability. Must present excellent customer service, interpersonal, and presentation skills with effective oral and written communication skills.
Position requires some travel. It includes, but is not limited to ministry events and disaster sites as deemed necessary.
Location: North Wilkesboro NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9639-1