Technical Specialist, International Health Unit
Are you a leader who can take initiative and who enjoys contributing to a dynamic and fast-paced team? Based at our International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina, Samaritan’s Purse is searching for a Technical Specialist to serve with our International Health Unit.
The International Health Unit is a team called to deliver the hope and healing of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth through innovative, compassionate, quality, and contextualized health care through Samaritan’s Purse field offices and disaster responses. This role will serve in the implementation of field office programming, disaster medical response activities, and technical advisory roles to support the mission of Samaritan’s Purse through health activities. If you are looking for a Career with Impact, we invite you to apply today!
This position will travel up to 30% of the year.
- Actively engages country offices to support and grow health and medically focused programming.
- Engages regional teams, Country Directors and Program Managers as needed to assist in and encourage identification of country specific health needs and opportunities.
- Engages in global surveillance of epidemics, people movements, and disasters occurring in assigned region, expanded as needed for emergency response.
- Works collaboratively with International Health Unit Operations to support in the creation and curation of health programming "modules," including guideline creation, supply lists, staffing needs, and other critical components of a health program.
- Supports in the proposal development process for country offices, regional responses, and disaster responses.
- Supports in the mentorship of current and future health and medical program managers.
- Ensure that health programs are consistent with Samaritan’s Purse’s core Christian values, and that Samaritan’s Purse’s medical programs are making an appropriate Christ centered contribution to the work of the international community.
- Supports the emergency response efforts in preparing, planning, and deploying emergency health responses as they occur.
- Travels to field sites as needed for temporary assigned field responsibility, project assessment, or other work as assigned.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse in the larger humanitarian world by attending specialty specific conferences and working groups, as well as presenting at conferences and speaking engagements as requested.
- Health background that could include, but is not limited to; Medical Doctor, RN, Public Health.
- Prior international field experience, minimum two years’ experience preferred.
- Experience in Maternal and Child Health Programming preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in low resource and crisis environments.
- Capability with program management, in collaboration with government and non-government donors.
- Experience with statistical analysis for field epidemiology.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies strongly preferred.
- Career with impact!
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10538