Team Patriot Program Manager
Samaritan’s Purse mobilizes and equips thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to U.S. victims of wildfires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. The Team Patriot Program Manager will implement plans designed to further the ministry of the Samaritan’s Purse Disaster Relief Program with specific responsibility for assisting with the recruitment and development of the Team Patriot volunteers; shepherding and providing training for volunteers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Support North America Ministries by developing skills in areas of field management and volunteer recruitment.
- Develop relationships and implement a volunteer training plan; assist in training of the Team Patriot volunteers.
- Work to establish communication with all Government Agencies and other Relief Organizations, pertinent to Team Patriot.
- Represent the ministry at conferences and speaking engagements.
- Respond to disasters as requested and maintain the Samaritan’s Purse Team Patriot equipment in a response-ready mode at all times.
- Coordinate with site Program Manager (response) or Project Superintendent (rebuild) in integrating Team Patriot volunteers into Samaritan’s Purse project sites.
- While on response, greet and welcome Team Patriot volunteers; make daily visits to project sites, (construction or relief); assist with delivery of tools and supplies as needed; provide project site instruction and direct volunteer teams work; make sure teams are doing quality work. This will require hands on leadership with teams in the field.
- Ensure safety/training procedures are being carried out.
- Provide procurement and logistical support for field projects.
- Maintain accurate listings and placement of all assigned Samaritan’s Purse U. S. Disaster Relief Team Patriot field inventory.
- Oversee Team Patriot financial transactions: prepare daily/monthly report of activities; attend regular weekly staff meetings.
- In the event of a larger response, acts as Program Manager, Assistant Program Manager or Volunteer Coordinator, as needed.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ., as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Have a knowledge of veterans.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to address various types of audiences to communicate the uniqueness of the Team Patriot program.
- Ability to travel frequently within the U.S.
- Maintain a current Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class A preferred or the ability to obtain with training.
- Valid Department of Transportation Medical Card.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Regular Full-time Position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10519