Security DevOps Engineer (DevSecOps)
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Security DevOps Engineer to join our internal global development and Cybersecurity Team! This is a very unique Cyber position that will help to secure the state of the art internal private Cloud we are building. This Senior Cybersecurity DevOps Engineer will be focused on ensuring the secure architecture, development, and implementation of technology solutions for both the enterprise and private cloud environments. The ideal candidate would have experience with cloud infrastructure compute, network, storage, virtualization, containers, infrastructure automation, using DevOps methodologies and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Bitbucket), and infrastructure-as-code and containerized microservices. The cybersecurity and DevOps processes and tools used in this role stand at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure compute, network, storage, virtualization, containers, infrastructure automation, using DevOps methodologies and tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Bitbucket), or similar.
- Experience with automated/orchestration tools including Cloud Native, traditional network and security solutions building distributed fault-tolerant systems (specialization in infrastructure-as-code and containerized microservices).
- Assist in automating traditional cybersecurity control stack into version control and automated deployment for private cloud container environment.
- Partner with cross-functional Cloud and Development teams to develop security strategy for private cloud projects.
- Help design and develop cloud security policies and standards and procedures for private cloud environment.
- Responsible for account management, tenant management, network security, data protection, security incident and event management (SIEM), user account management (e.g., SSO, SAML), and password/key management, vulnerability/threat management, etc.
- Implement secure cloud engineering best practices with a strong focus on security automation.
- Delivering security on cloud native and distributed architectural solutions in complex environments, defining cloud security standards, implementing and configuring enterprise cloud systems, and the use of private cloud.
- Expertise in performing threat modeling and defining security architectural requirements for software development and product teams.
- Establish security controls and monitoring for private cloud and enterprise security systems with a focus on business strategy and compliance initiatives.
- Work with regulatory and non-regulatory requirements related to PCI, GDPR, HIPAA, NIST CSF, SOC 2, and others.
- Desired understanding of Center for Internet Security (CIS) Critical Security Controls (CSC), and privacy laws to include GDPR.
- Provide guidance and hands-on experience to teams in design, development, and maintenance of security solutions for cloud.
- Help design and develop cloud security policies, standards and procedures for private cloud environment.
- Helping to oversee account management, tenant management, network security, data protection, security incident.
- Continually evaluate emerging threats and identify associated risk to the Ministry.
- Assist in the development of remediation plans, implement approved security controls, and monitor for effectiveness.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Career with Purpose!
Great work/life balance
Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Competitive vacation and time off benefits
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long term and short term disability insurance
Certifications/Additional (NOT REQUIRED):
Helpful Certifications: GWEB, GSSP-NET, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, CEH, CISSP
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)