Senior Programs Manager
Hurricanes Irma and Maria destroyed the islands of Barbuda and Dominica leaving the population desolate and hopeless. Help support our ongoing projects by serving as our Senior Programs Manager!
The Senior Programs Manager is responsible to assist the Country Director in providing overall leadership and direction for Samaritan’s Purse programs in Antigua/Barbuda and Dominica. The Senior Programs Manager will be responsible for leading and supporting the programs team in the implementation of all internally and externally funded programs.
- Work with Country Director, Area Coordinators and other members of senior management team to create, articulate and pursue a clear vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse in Antigua/Barbuda and Dominica.
- Responsible for leadership, direction and supervision of programs team, comprising program managers (PMs), Program Development Officer (PDO) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, to ensure effective management of all internally and externally funded programs across Antigua/Barbuda and Dominica.
- Work collaboratively with programs team, in-country senior management and IHQ counterparts to design new and continuing programs, creating budgets and developing narrative proposals.
- Liaise with donors and potential partners in identifying and pursuing potential program and funding opportunities.
- Prepare and submit monthly programmatic reports to Country Director.
- Monitor potential and present humanitarian emergencies and keep Country Director informed of events, including potential programmatic response.
- Provide professional representation for Samaritan's Purse with government officials, dignitaries, project partners, other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and visitors.
- Responsible for recruitment, orientation and performance management of supervised staff, involving planning, task assignment, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Participate in daily morning devotions and in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university plus three to five years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams.
- Previous experience working overseas, required.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and networking skills.
- Strong knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Experience with financial and administrative coordination.
- Ability to adapt and operate for extended periods in austere conditions.
- Frequent regional travel with potential extended stays in the field.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Able to accommodate a spouse and family
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8900