Senior Operations Manager - Iraq
Are you an experienced operations management professional with a heart for the hurting? Join us as a Senior Operations Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! As Senior Operations Manager in Iraq, you will assist the Country Director in providing overall management for daily operations in Samaritan’s Purse, Iraq. Your expertise will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Ensures smooth-functioning, well-managed Operations Department to support programmatic activities.
- Acts as the main focal point for Information Technology (IT), Procurement, and Logistics.
- Supports continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information between field sites, the country office, and Deputy Country Director.
- Develops and implements operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission, such as report management and information flow.
- Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team, and provides support to the Country Office on issues related to Operations.
- Develops and oversees national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate delivery of program resources.
- Enforces and upholds donor and Samaritan’s Purse regulations for procurement, as well as best practices for Operations.
- Enforces Samaritan’s Purse procedures regarding contracted service, while providing frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
- Maintains awareness of local and national laws and ensures organizational adherence in partnership with the Deputy Country Directors and Country Director.
- Establishes and maintains a harmonious working environment by introducing capacity-building trainings, and encouraging active participation at all levels to foster development of international field staff, as well as national staff.
- Assesses, manages, and reports critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith.
- Experience working with diverse cultures, as well as cross-denominational Christians.
- Advanced degree or related experience in project management, business administration, public administration, logistics, supply chain management, communications, or related field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Field experience and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic a plus.
- Extensive experience with inventory, fixed assets, and establishment and monitoring of internal controls.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Advanced problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This is an accompanied assignment.
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10824