Senior Cyber Security Manager
Who Are We:
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible new opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Manager to join the leadership team of our Global IT Department. This opportunity is a Leadership role, for a proven Cyber Security Engineering Manager wanting to join a growing, fast paced, Global Cyber Security team. The sphere of influence in this role is great, requiring very high level decision making that affect numerous mission critical systems and processes within our Global Cyber Security and Network Enterprise Systems. Due to this high level of responsibility, the ideal candidate would be a very forward-leaning Enterprise Cyber Security Manager or Cyber Security Lead with a strong leadership mentality, who has proven experience working alongside Senior IT Leaders. Finally, we are looking for a Cyber Security Manager who has a passion to continue learning the newest Cyber Security tools and best practices, while maintaining current Industry Leading Cyber Security practices in our environment. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with a lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- At least 5 years’ of working experience in the technical area of Enterprise Cyber Security Engineering and Management.
- Possesses a deep understanding of all major components and processes of an Enterprise level Cyber Security program/department, with the ability to lead, manage, and train teams of Security Engineers.
- Provides accurate high level and comprehensive professional reporting to existing Senior Level IT Directors.
- Helps to ensure ministry compliance with CIS Critical Controls, NIST Cyber Security Framework, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, third party pen test/risk assessments, and other yearly audit requirements.
- Possesses comprehensive understanding of OWASP top 10 and CWE/SANS 25 errors.
- Oversees the deployment and management of all Cyber Security systems and related software.
- Oversees all Penetration Testing efforts of all existing systems identifying and mitigating system vulnerabilities.
- Familiar with one or more tools within the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstach, Kibana) used for log analysis and monitoring.
- Possesses a deep understanding of various Networking Systems and Firewalls including Palo Alto, Cisco, and Cisco Cloud Meraki products.
- Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity, Interpret activity, and make recommendations for large scale resolutions.
- Utilizes and oversees existing Automated Incident Response Tools (i.e. Carbon Black, Red Canary).
- Acts as a liaison between open-source/commercial Cyber Vendors and internal IT Management to research and test emerging Cyber Security Automation tools.
- Designs, implements, and reports on security system and end user activity audits and report to IT management, internal auditors, or as directed, and supervise IT security staff in accomplishing these responsibilities.
- Brings a high level solid understanding of F5 Load balancing, Cisco Router/Switches, and other industry standard Network Security processes.
- Responsible for managing End-Point Security efforts with various Cyber Security tools (i.e. Cylance).
- Works closely with Network Cyber Engineers to test and secure mission critical Network Systems components, and maximize efficiency of current Systems.
- Manages connection security for local area networks, the company website, the company intranet, and e-mail.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and oversees enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for new/existing systems based on Cyber industry-standard best practices.
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts and emerging security alerts and issues.
- Understands and has experience with various industry standard SIEM products (i.e. Splunk, Nagios).
- Oversees the deployment and management of all Cyber Security systems and related software.
- Recommends, schedules and applies fixes, security patches, disaster recovery (DR) procedures, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
- Available to provide on-call support as needed by Senior Management to fulfill the department Service Level Agreement and Internal Operating Procedures.
- Helpful Certifications: CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CEH, CISA, GSEC, GISP, GCPM, GSLC, PMP.
- Provide cost analysis of implementing new Cyber Security Tools/Processes into current Cyber Security framework.
- Create and maintains relationships with Cyber Security technology Vendors.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with Samaritan’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Ten (10) or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten (10) sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Reference #: 10002