Security Officer - North Wilkesboro
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For 50 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Security Officer to serve at our North Wilkesboro, NC campus.
What you will be doing:
- Screens pedestrian and vehicular traffic for authorization to enter the premises.
- Operates various equipment, including but not limited to card access, fire and burglar alarm, video cameras and ministry vehicles.
- Reports hazardous conditions, such as water leaks, fire, and safety hazards. Reports damage to ministry or employee property.
- Documents incoming emergency calls during non-business hours and distributes information accordingly.
- In case of emergency, follows call-in procedures. Is familiar with all Samaritan's Purse facilities, policies, procedures, and regulations that affect the safety and security of Samaritan's Purse building occupants.
- Monitors activity across the campus through regularly scheduled foot patrols and use of video surveillance equipment.
- Controls access to the campus during non-business hours applying Samaritan's Purse Policy regarding access.
- Greets all staff and visitors whenever practical, so as to maintain consistent visible presence.
- Documents all noteworthy activities in shift log or appropriate incident report.
- Verifies functionality of all equipment during every shift, including radio, cell phone and video surveillance equipment.
- Opens/closes and secures all buildings as scheduled by Security Director, or Director of Facilities.
- Records the names of employees arriving after/before ‘normal’ business hours, as well as those of employees inside Samaritan’s Purse facilities after 2100 hours. (Only pre-authorized employees are permitted after 2100 hours.)
- Monitors and maintains Computerized Access Control System.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Basic Law Enforcement Training and minimum 2 years’ experience as Law Enforcement Officer or equivalent required. Must be eligible to complete/pass annual PPS training and certification as a PPS Officer through the North Carolina State Attorney General’s office. Basic keyboarding and computer skills strongly preferred.
Full Benefit Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11314