Seasonal Recruiting Professional - Charlotte
Operation Christmas Child is a dynamic, fast-paced ministry of Samaritan's Purse that transforms lives around the world through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ though a simple shoebox gift. Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of a global organization that is reaching children and families for Christ!
We have an exciting opportunity for several experienced full-time, temporary Recruiting Professionals for the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center in Charlotte, NC to join our Human Resources department. These associates will work in a team environment and will be responsible for working as part of full life-cycle recruiting - sourcing, screening, qualifying and closing positions while maintaining a pipeline of ready-to-hire candidates throughout the project. This seasonal role will run from August to December. This will be a full-time seasonal role with opportunity for overtime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES:
- Ensures a continuous flow of "ready to hire" job candidates.
- Makes daily pre-screening calls to applicants to pre-qualify for interviews.
- Conducts interviews, determines qualifications, hires qualified applicants or refers applicants to a more appropriate department.
- Verifies that reference checks, pastoral references, background checks and Christian testimony meet hiring criteria.
- Schedules new hires for orientation and report-to work dates.
- Ensures that all required new-hire paperwork is completed prior to report-to-work date.
- Work as directed to complete reporting and assigned special projects.
- Is knowledgeable of, and works within, all established hiring policies and processes.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Consideration will be given to qualified candidates with the most suitable combination of the following characteristics:
- Two to three years of hands-on, high volume recruiting or staffing experience.
- In-depth sourcing, screening, interviewing and assessment skills.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Solid computer skills and experience with Applicant Tracking Systems - Exceptional MS Word experience is highly desired.
- Ability to remain focused & on task under fast paced, rapidly changing conditions.
- Ability to follow a structured process & keep accurate, organized records.
- Strong work ethic, high level of self-motivation.
- Commitment, integrity, flexibility and the ability to work as a team.
- Willingness to serve others and model a Christian lifestyle.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)