Regional Staffing Supervisor
Samaritan’s Purse is searching for an experienced Staffing Supervisor professional! This person will take a lead role in locating and vetting top seasonal talent for Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child (OCC) projects, in order to reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! This position is not a virtual position, but is located in Charlotte, NC at our OCC Regional Office.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Provide oversight and direction for the seasonal staffing Human Resources function of Samaritan's Purse’ Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Project, in Regional Processing Center locations. Work closely with OCC Operations Team leadership and staffing agencies, and handle specific responsibilities critical to the success of the project. Travel requirement 30% domestically.
You will have the opportunity to:
1. Oversee and direct seasonal staffing for Regional Processing Center locations. Manage processes involving advertising, promotion, recruiting, applicant tracking, interviewing, skills testing, reference checking, selection, extending offers and orientation.
2. Oversee OCC seasonal staffing vendors at regional processing centers. Travel as necessary to regional PC locations for recruitment and interviews.
3. Hire, train, and manage seasonal HR staff to manage seasonal Associates. Develop seasonal staff plans, communications, processes and training. Ensure that all SP screening and hiring policies and procedures are followed, resulting in the selection and hiring of quality, "ministry fit" seasonal employees.
4. Ensure the OCC Project is properly staffed at all regional locations to maintain daily headcount levels, and to successfully end on time, within budget, and in keeping with Samaritan's Purse and Operation Christmas Child mission and values. Anticipate issues and initiate appropriate actions to avoid potential problems.
5. Track and analyze data to monitor business trends and costs of seasonal staffing on issues such as turnover, recruitment and hiring expenses.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lead by example while serving as coach to local staffing teams
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- High volume recruiting background
- Relationship Management & Collaboration Skills
- Excellent Communication, Verbal and Written
- Strong Initiative
- Personal Effectiveness & Credibility
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Industrial Relations, or a related field.
- PHR or other HR certification/applicable experience in lieu of college degree in related field.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ staffing/recruiting and third-party staffing experience; and/or experience in design and delivery of management and HR-related training programs.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
SHRM Professional Human Resources Certification or other recognized HR certification preferred.
- Recruiter certification such as AIRS, NAPS, HCI preferred.
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9122