Regional Security Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa
Are you seeking a supervisory security position with impact? Serve as a Regional Security Manager over our Sub-Saharan Africa locations to oversee the safety and security of our staff and operations. With your expertise, we'll be able to keep working to share the good news of Jesus Christ while meeting the physical needs of the people we're serving. Join us, today, for an opportunity to put your skills to work in a first-class organization with an eternal purpose!
Description of Job Duties:
- Establishes appropriate environment for the safety and security of staff members living and travelling in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Continually updates and maintains safety/security policies for existing and new International Country Offices to ensure safety/security of all staff.
- Conducts security surveys and coordinates all security-related activities in support of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association functions within the region.
- Responds as the security advisor of the Disaster Assistance Response Team or Incident Management Team anywhere within the region.
- Works closely with Projects Country and Regional Directors in order to keep them informed of security status, information, needs, and concerns.
- Conducts security site surveys for World Medical Mission Volunteers and Post Residency Doctors throughout the region, providing them with security advisory support and reach back.
- Conducts coordination with Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Regional Director and Manager to support OCC operations in the region, including travel, shoebox distribution and The Greatest Journey training.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of regional security challenges and emerging threats. Provides reports highlighting security-related trends throughout the region.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with local village leaders, police, military, other NGOs, US Embassy, UN and government leaders within the region.
- Advises Country Directors on the management of all national staff security guards, supervisors, and radio operators.
- Assists the Country Directors in the management and execution of security training.
- Briefs senior leaders at the country, regional, and headquarters level on security environment in respective areas.
- Conducts detailed internal investigations and interviews in response to serious incidents involving the organization.
- Maintains records of incidents/crimes in areas of operation in order to effectively analyze and prepare for future risks in these areas.
- Monitors potential and present emergencies and keeps staff informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Maintains awareness of legal and cultural requirements and ensure reasonable compliance of Samaritan’s Purse with the same.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 - 10 years security-related experience preferred.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Minimum of one year of management experience, preferably in a disaster location.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
- Possess ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Spiritual maturity; ability to lead direct reports in their growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
This position is accompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10759