Regional Manager - The Middle East Region
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an opportunity for a Regional Manager (RM) for the Middle East to join our Projects team! The Regional Manager will support the Middle East Region and Regional Director for the Middle East in developing, implementing, and maintaining Samaritan’s Purse project activity across the region, including management of partner relationships and programs. This position is based at the International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina.
Description of Job Duties:
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- In conjunction with the Country Directors and Regional Program Development Officer, supports the Regional Director to create, articulate, and disseminate a clear vision and strategy for organizational programming in the region.
- Works with relevant headquarters and field level staff to ensure all grants, awards, and internally funded programs are implemented according to Samaritan's Purse Program Management Guidelines and donor requirements.
- Analyzes data and background materials in order to provide guidance and support to Projects Senior Management and key decision-makers.
- Maintains detailed understanding of regional grant activity, providing timely summaries to the Regional Director.
- Investigates and identifies new opportunities for partnership, both in existing countries and in other countries in the region.
- Works with relevant field level staff to provide additional detailed information as requested for communications purposes. As needed, provides reports and success stories to Communications Department for publication.
- In conjunction with the Field Office and International Headquarters Human Resources Staff, manages human resources requirements of the Field Offices related to International Field Staff (IFS). This includes managing the flow of applicants, conducting interviews, and providing timely and relevant reports for Field and Headquarters-level staff.
- Assists the Field Offices with all aspects of procurement, including planning, bid justifications, and contracts.
- Assists Regional Director by providing on-site monitoring and evaluation of partner programs.
- Liaises with Regional Directors, Country Directors, and Communications to ensure that all relevant partner programs and field office projects are promoted through the Samaritan’s Purse web site and other outlets.
- Provides surge capacity and assumes additional responsibilities for Regional Directors during absence due to travel, disaster response, or vacancy.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Ability to travel to the field offices to monitor projects and support staff.
- Diplomatic and able to mediate personnel issues.
- Excellent planning and communication skills.
- English fluency required - written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Works well in a diverse team in a highly pressurized environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Spiritually mature and able to keep focus of work on goal of sharing the Gospel.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong leadership skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; and three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred. Significant experience working in the Middle East is preferred.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)