Regional Finance Officer
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Finance Officer to join our team.
** NOTE: This position does require regular, international travel - average of 60 days a year.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support, guidance and assistance to assigned field offices in all finance-related matters.
- Review financial-related aspects of field office project proposals, modifications, and agreements to ensure accuracy.
- Guide and direct Finance Managers to structure in-country finance teams to ensure key financial objectives are met; internal controls are in place and functioning; policies, procedures and processes outlined in the Projects Finance Field Operating Guide are implemented and enforced; and risks are minimized when finance staff are absent or positions are temporarily vacant.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to assist Projects leadership in performing their responsibilities.
- Participate in regional team meetings, coordination, and planning as needed.
- Travel to field sites as needed to ensure proper implementation of finance-related policies and procedures, to perform informal assessments, to consult with and advise Projects management and finance staff on field finance matters, for temporary assignments, or to perform other work assigned.
Analyze the cash position of assigned field offices and advise Projects leadership accordingly.
Facilitate the calculation and payment of in-country taxes associated with International Field Staff.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of financial aspects of assigned Samaritan's Purse projects and activities in order to respond to general inquiries.
- Serve as the principal liaison with Projects leadership for all finance-related matters in assigned field offices.
- Review financial activity reports and invoices to be submitted to external funders and Affiliates.
- Develop and implement training programs in assigned field offices for international and national finance staff to ensure excellent performance and staff development.
- Monitor internal controls and perform periodic assessments to identify risks associated with financial operations within assigned region.
- Receive and process financial information from field offices and temporary project sites.
- Facilitate the opening or closing of field office bank accounts and the maintenance of current signatory lists as needed.
Provide financial management training to Projects leadership as needed.
Deploy in response to an emergency situation with a Disaster Assistance Response Team or serve on the IHQ-based Incident Management Team as needed.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Four year college or university degree required in accounting, finance, or other related field and 2-3 years related accounting experience; or equivalent combination of accounting education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly solve problems as they occur
- Instinct to take initiative to ensure job duties are completed timely and accurately
- Comfortable with international travel - approximately 60 days/year
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
- CPA or other certifications beneficial, but not required
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)