Regional Facilities Director, Southwest Region
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Regional Facilities Director in our Southwest Region in Dallas Texas
This position is responsible for warehouse inventory and the general management/maintenance of buildings and equipment in assigned regionally located Samaritan’s Purse locations, including regional ministry centers, North American Ministries (NAM) warehouses and Operation Christmas Child (OCC) processing centers. Responsibilities include housekeeping, cleaning and general facility management/maintenance to Samaritan’s Purse quality standards. Serves as primary point-of-contact for all inquiries and requests related to inventory and access to the assigned ministry buildings.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Oversight of service contracts/maintenance/daily - monthly inspections/testing of: CRAC units, Emergency Generators/ATS’s, and UPS units on a mission critical data center with zero tolerance for down time.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all property, buildings, furnishings, and equipment.
- Oversees day-to-day maintenance and supervision of maintenance staff for all buildings and grounds including, but not limited to, electrical, building setup, security systems, kitchen equipment, panel systems, painting and all grounds care including snow removal.
- Oversees and tracks projects for Facilities Department for sites under supervision. Coordinates wide variety of building maintenance and operations activities while establishing and maintaining other departmental records and work order database.
- Determines whether to utilize internal or external services necessary to property management; contacts vendors to secure bids for maintenance, repairs or other services.
- Manages maintenance and facility-related vendors; securing competitive bids when needed and monitoring quality of work and handles contracting of properly approved services as necessary.
- Routine presence is required; must be hands-on with all building issues.
- Develops and implements a preventive maintenance schedule for all buildings and building systems. Reports any departure from preventive maintenance schedules to the Chief Operating Officer, and keeps up-to-date records for maintenance and preventive maintenance, submitting reports and logs on a weekly basis, or as otherwise directed.
- Oversees ordering and/or purchasing of supplies as needed.
- Manages assigned inventory, including North American Ministries (NAM) supplies.
- Maintains NAM trucks and equipment as directed, ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and overall maintenance.
- Attend daily devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
This position supervises one or more non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with five (5) to seven (7) years facilities/building management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10627