Program Security Manager
Seeking a Security career with eternal impact? Serve as Program Security Manager to facilitate safety and security for Samaritan's Purse’s Operation Christmas Child (OCC) activities across the Globe! Through your expertise and vigilance, Samaritan’s Purse will be able to continue partnering with local believers and churches in over 100 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Join us today for an opportunity to put your skills to work in a first-class organization with an eternal purpose!
Description of Job Duties:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and executing security management for domestic and international OCC facilities and functions.
- Under the direction of the Director of Security, oversees OCC domestic security operations in collaboration with Security Officers assigned to permanent OCC facilities.
- Conducts frequent travel to OCC domestic field offices, collection centers and processing centers to coordinate security management at these locations.
- Works closely with OCC to plan security coverage for all domestic activities during preparation and execution of national collection week.
- Assumes responsibility for security management at the Charlotte OCC Processing Center during collection and processing season.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with local law enforcement and participates with neighborhood community watch groups.
- Collaborates with Director of Security and Legal Department to coordinate external support from law enforcement, private security and other officials.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the Security CCTV System used in each offsite Processing Center.
- Works with IT Security Systems Analyst for CCTV system configuration, setup and user training.
- Coordinates with staff on the ground and reports in to Director, International Security regarding international OCC functions.
- Performs international pre-trip threat assessments, documents and plans accordingly. Travels, as required, to support volunteer distribution trips and other functions at international locations.
- Supports Domestic and International Security Directors in establishing, promoting, and maintaining Samaritan’s Purse’s security and protection programs.
- Under direction of Security Directors, assists with drafting, documentation, and implementation of new and existing practices and procedures.
- Requires five to six weeks’ international travel and approximately 45 nights of domestic travel per year - including 4 weeks in Charlotte, overseeing the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center from mid-November through mid-December.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. / B.A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent, basic law enforcement training and a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated performance in the security field, preferably with law enforcement.
- The employee must be well-schooled in risk assessment.
- Previous international experience desired.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Directly supervises contract security support at all OCC Processing Centers.
- Private Protective Services (PPS) Certification preferred.
- Background in inter-agency cooperation with other law enforcement and contracted security agencies.
- Experience working or volunteering in ministries or community organizations supporting youth or children desired, but not required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)