Program Manager, Oasis for Hope - Cambodia
Looking to invest your wealth of construction knowledge into the building of something eternal? Join the team with Samaritan's Purse as the Oasis of Hope 2, Program Manager, based in Battambang, Cambodia. As the Oasis of Hope (O2) Program Manager, you will oversee the implementation of a multi-sectoral program seeking to provide year-round access to water, which in turn will ensure basic household level livelihoods, and reduce unsafe migration and migration out of desperation. Your expertise and efforts will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job duties:
- Directly responsible for overall management and implementation of the program, ensuring effective integration of the WASH, Livelihoods, and Protection activities.
- Oversee a team of 25-30 international and Khmer staff. Provide active guidance to staff to ensure all activities are planned, prioritized, carried out according with the program logframe and workplan.
- Responsible for the financial management of all program activities, including budget preparation, revision and monitoring.
- Coordinate program strategy, implementation and delivery with support from Samaritan’s Purse Technical Advisors and with input from within Cambodia Leadership Team.
- Ensure an effective monitoring and evaluation system is established and implemented for the Oasis project in line with Samaritans Purse policies to measure impact of the program.
- Prepare all the necessary reports such as monthly, Semi-annual, annual reports and other reports as per request of the donor.
- Manage the timely recruitment of national WASH project staff. Identify appropriate staff development and training needs including management and technical sector needs.
- Maintain ongoing relationships and proper approvals are in place with the Ministry of Rural Development and its counterparts at the Province and District levels.
- Ensure strict compliance to Samaritans Purse International Relief policies and practices, including procurement, safeguarding and environmental mainstreaming.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Agriculture, other or related discipline; or have equivalent experience will be considered.
- At least two years’ experience managing WASH and/or Livelihoods and Protection programs, preferably within the Southeast Asia region.
- Knowledge of basics within the three intersecting sectors involved in this program.
- Experience implementing a program in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse Project Management policies and procedures.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and financial management experience.
- Proven international management and leadership experience.
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel in/out of the field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies required
- Fluent spoken and written English required; Khmer language desirable, but not required.
- Location: Battambang, Cambodia
- This is an unaccompanied assignment (employee only)
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11337-1