Program Manager-Church Rebuild, Ruby Alaska
Samaritan’s Purse has worked in Alaska since 2006, helping thousands of people in the Name of Christ through relief, feeding, and rebuilding programs. Ruby is a small picturesque village on the Yukon River in a completely native Alaskan village. Their church was a log cabin with air leaks. We will be constructing a new church that will be 1200 square feet to provide the villagers a new place to worship. The Program Manager will work in Ruby and oversee the construction project. They will supervise staff and lead volunteers as well as coordinate and work with the local church, local governments, and other relief agencies.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Responsible for spiritual care of staff.
- Oversee all site activities.
- Oversee financial transactions; prepare daily/monthly report of activities; hold regular weekly staff meetings.
- Oversee construction and all aspects of the project. Oversees any independent contractors (electrical, plumbing, etc.).
- Greet and welcome volunteer teams; make daily visits to work sites; assist with delivery of tools and supplies as needed.
- Communicate and minister to local community, keeping them informed of the team's work.
- Work with local church to ensure follow-up with homeowners and program continuation after Samaritan's Purse is gone.
- Handle conflict resolution as necessary with staff, volunteer teams, homeowners, churches, or other agencies.
- Understand and ensure adherence to all safety policies.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual. Adhere to all purchasing and reporting policies therein, as well as those described within the NAM department.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public.
Manage 2-4 subordinate supervisors including the Construction Supervisor, Volunteer Coordinator, Cook and Construction Workers who supervise 8-10 volunteers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and leadership of the team. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed Contractor in the State of Alaska and familiar with artic construction.
NOTE: Must be able to live in a remote Alaska village for a period of up to 6 months in a group setting.
Temporary, Full-time Position
Location: Ruby, Alaska
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10220