Program Development Officer, Myanmar
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a self-motivated individual to serve as the Program Development Officer (PDO) located in Myanmar. This role will focus on supporting and coordinating the office of Samaritan’s Purse Myanmar as it relates to the pursuit, development and implementation of programs and grant proposals in Myanmar. The PDO will have the opportunity to provide consultation in processes related to program and grant proposals to include writing, editing, and the compilation of lessons learned. The PDO will also have the opportunity to provide technical assistance to other Samaritan’s Purse projects and sub-bases in Myanmar.
*This position is based in Myanmar
- Work with Country Director, Program Managers and their staff to develop programming and budgets, and write proposals for the Samaritan’s Purse Myanmar projects and sub-bases.
- Assist as needed in the program implementation of written proposals, including developing assessments, baselines, budgets, reporting and close-out.
- Ensure high-quality proposal "field drafts" and program reports are produced in-line with timetables that allow for the input/review by the Regional Program Development Officer (RPDO), the Program Management Team/Awards Management Team (PMT/AMT) technical advisors, and the finance department.
- Ensure that the Program Managers or concept developers are working with the technical advisors and administration during the concept stage.
- Reporting - assist the Country Director with compiling and drafting IHQ reports including board reports, monthly executive reports, field reports, and quarterly/monthly SitReps, etc.
- Country Plan and Strategy - assist and coordinate with the Country Director and program teams in the development and creation of a country plan and strategy (including external funding strategy).
- Build and cultivate relationships on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse Myanmar with bilateral donors, International NGOs, Affiliate offices, and other agencies within Myanmar, as well as across Asia.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse Myanmar in relevant UN cluster meetings and other donor meetings. In conjunction with Finance, update the Samaritan’s Purse Myanmar Program Managers and Technical Advisors regarding grant related rules and regulations of the field office and ensure awareness of all relevant meetings, progress and ideas being formulated.
- Regular in-country travel will be required. International travel may be required periodically.
- Available to serve on a Disaster Area Response Team as needed.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Program Management
- Minimum of three years of cross-cultural experience required, preferably field experience in the implementation of relief and development programming
- Grant management experience preferred
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals, training/instruction manuals, and reports
- Working knowledge of the grant submission processes of major donors such as but not limited to the UN, DFATD/GAC, DFID and USAID, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Intercultural Studies or related field preferred
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of basic program development skills such as monitoring and evaluation
- Fluency in English is required (written & verbal). Willingness to learn Burmese is a plus.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, required
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, however, this position will oversee various technical support staff in the specific programs designed and will coordinate with associated program units.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10325