Program Development and Initiatives Manager
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Program Development and Initiatives Manager in our Operation Christmas Child Department.
Description of Job duties:
Volunteer Program Development:
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives for volunteers, from concept to deliverables.
- Develops project plan for each initiative that includes timeline, projected budget and justification.
- Develops strategies, provides research and solid leads to field offices related to volunteer management and trends.
- Evaluates, proposes, develops and oversees the implementation of a comprehensive Short Term Volunteer Program, from concept to deliverables.
- Supports strategic volunteer recruitment efforts and oversees the development of recruiting resources include brochures, advertising, video and for the web.
Resource Development and Implementation:
- Develops resources that meet the vision of leadership and the practical needs of the field for volunteers.
- Delivers resources on-time to meet deadlines.
- Creates resources that have both a practical field "know-how" and the heart of High Impact.
- Develops a selection process for the Short Term Volunteer Program.
- Sets expectations and develops resources that equip short term volunteers for the roles they fulfill.
- Measures the effectiveness of resources and tools in encouraging short term volunteers to consider a deeper commitment to OCC by serving as year round Connect Volunteers.
- Reviews partnerships and determines how best to support all volunteers, including the support documents for each partnership.
- Develop resources needed to equip volunteers that serve at drop off locations and Processing Centers.
- Manages all components of short term volunteer recognition.
- Develops resources that support staff and leader volunteers as they lead short term volunteers to effectiveness.
- Ensures site leadership is equipped to provide a positive volunteer experience.
- Manages the Processing Center registration, which includes VMS user interface screen communication, training of Call Center operators, scripts development, field communication and volunteer communication.
- Develops and measures effective resources needed to recruit, select and equip OCC Event Volunteers for conferences and other regional events.
- Consults and coaches field staff and serves on the leadership team at an OCC Processing Center during the processing season at discretion of management.
- Provides strategic development and leadership for Vision Trips. This includes ensuring that volunteer expectations are set and resources are utilized in order to make the most of their experience and grow their OCC ministry.
- Provides on-site leadership for short term volunteers at conferences and events, ensuring that OCC Event Volunteers are equipped and led well.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. B.S.) from a four year college or university; and four (4) to six (6) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Up to 60 days of domestic travel annually.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9946-1