Program Administration Manager, Operation Heal Our Patriots (OHOP)
Are you seeking an opportunity to serve our Nation’s Veterans as the hands and feet of Christ? As a Program Administration Manager, you will be responsible for strategic development, coordination and management of Operation Heal Our Patriots (OHOP) programming. Your managerial expertise will help us to develop, implement, and maintain reliable systems for shepherding our OHOP Couples from application through aftercare. Join us today for an opportunity to put your skills to work in a first-class organization with eternal purpose!
Description of Job Duties:
- Manages the annual application cycle, assisting the Executive Director and team with selection of attendees.
- Oversees Program Coordinator as he/she processes travel arrangements for each selected couple to attend Alaska program; assists as needed to manage workload.
- Evaluates systems and procedures for improvements as programmatic needs evolve.
- Generates weekly reports for organizational leadership and applicable staff.
- Maintains fluid, season-long schedule of attending couples, accounting for cancellations, changes, special medical needs, and updates.
- Works in collaboration with Samaritan’s Purse Information Technology to consistently refine OHOP’s database, and ensures all records are secure, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Works with Events Manager to ensure couples’ registration process is complete and accurate.
- Works in conjunction with Program Coordinator to ensure Alaska Staff has sufficient information and resources to host 160 couples each season.
- Works with Communications Department to maintain a consistent website and social media voice for Operation Heal Our Patriots.
- Ensures Aftercare Chaplains are trained and proficient in use of necessary software, record-keeping measures, and applicable procedures.
- Responsible for mass communications to OHOP Couples from OHOP Staff and/or Executive Director.
- Handles telephone inquiries/concerns regarding OHOP and escalates to Executive Director as necessary.
- Assists Events Manager with event-related tasks to handle workload during peak times.
- Available after hours and during weekends throughout the OHOP Summer Season to coordinate emergent travel needs between Travel Department and Alaska Staff.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, guests, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two (2) years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Previous managerial experience required.
- Prior military experience/experience working with military is desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires 10-15 days domestic travel per year.
Employees who choose to work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10895