Procurement Manager - DRC
We are hiring an Procurement Manager for our field office in Democratic Republic of Congo! As Procurement Manager, you will have the opportunity to design and implement systems for procurement, importation, and transport of emergency relief commodities. This position is a line manager for all procurement staff working in the country office. When appropriate, this position will provide support for the field operations of food distribution and emergency relief by Samaritan’s Purse in Democratic Republic of Congo in both internally and externally funded programs. We invite you to apply today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Description of job duties:
- Insure efficiency with the highest standard of integrity.
- Work together with procurement teams outside of Democratic Republic of Congo and support as necessary.
- Develop and implement reliable and appropriate processes for orderly, effective and safe distribution of relief items in the field, helping to manage the distribution.
- Assist the Senior Operations Manager and Operations Manager with decision making related to field operations.
- Provide support in the achievement of the objectives of the program.
- Assist in maintenance and improving the project procurement systems, processes and procedures.
- Ensure logistical success of project goals, including transportation and storage of communities to field locations, collation of waybills and waybill reporting.
- Formally report on procurement status of purchases for projects and field sites to the Senior Operations Manager as well as the formal briefing of the greater Democratic Republic of Congo team.
- Hire and manage national and regional logistics and procurement staff, if necessary.
- Manage strategic relationships with customs clearance, airport authorizes, NGO and military logistical personnel where applicable, merchants and other significant individuals.
- Keep careful records of consumption, and submit supply orders to stock both food and other supplies for compound staff programs.
- Keep records of all base storerooms, inventorying and distributing donations as they become available.
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
- Demonstrated integrity, honesty and transparency.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope with stress and live in basic conditions; flexibility and patience.
- Previous experience working with Food Assistance and/or Agricultural programs and/or community-based programming in Africa.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English. French preferred.
- Ability to network and build relationships with government, civil society, and community partners.
- Experience with and have a working knowledge of Access or other relational data base systems beneficial.
This is an accompanied position.
International Employee Benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)