Procurement Analyst, South Sudan
Are you an experienced procurement professional with a heart for the hurting? Join us as a Procurement Analyst at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Procurement Analyst in South Sudan, you will play the vital role of monitoring the Country Office’s procurement practices and processes to ensure continued adherence to a standard that reflects Christ-like integrity in our internal, beneficiary, and inter-agency interactions. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Routinely reviews documentation and processes to ensure compliance with organizational procedures and practices.
- Ensures all Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and include approved supporting documentation for the processes followed.
- Monitors efficiency and fiscal responsibility of our processes, helping to ensure Samaritan’s Purse obtains the best quality, price, and service within the marketplace.
- Carries out periodic Supplier visits to maintain strong working relationships and to ensure our procurement staff is meeting previously agreed upon standards.
- Conducts independent shopper activities and market surveys, to verify prices are in alignment with received invoices and agreed price lists.
- Surveys suppliers about their interaction with Samaritan’s Purse and their relationship to staff and management; reports results to the Senior Management Team.
- Conducts training for all relevant staff members on fraud awareness and the importance of making use of the Whistleblower policy.
- Reviews procurement-related Donor Requirements and monitors to ensure organizational compliance.
- Conducts and/or provides support for investigations, as needed, in cases of suspected fraud or organizational impropriety.
- Supports and contributes to audit processes.
- Visits Kenya and Uganda Offices to carry out the above activities.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Logistics, or related field.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management / Procurement and Logistics. Compliance office experience highly considered.
- At least two years’ experience working in similar geographic and socioeconomic context.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance and risk management.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of donor requirements for Procurement and Operations, especially USAID, OFDA, CIDA, UNHCR, WFP, CHF, etc.
- Willing to build local national staff capacity by utilizing training and coaching skills.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English, Arabic is an added advantage.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in climatic extremes and in areas of conflict.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10499