Processing Center Administrative Associate - Boone, NC
Are you a skilled Administrative Assistant with a heart to serve and a passion for Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child? If so, this could be the job you have been looking for! We have a 6 month opportunity for a self-assured and hospitable team player to represent Operation Christmas Child in a positive and helpful way to staff, volunteers, temporary associates and thousands of volunteers who come to the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center to serve. As a Processing Center Administrative Assistant you will have the exciting opportunity to interact with the general public and our amazing donors during our busiest season, as together we touch the lives of children all over the world sharing the good news of Jesus Christ!
Job duties include:
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Team including phone management, copying, responding to emails, and supporting specific administrative projects to support key deliverables.
- In a timely manner, respond courteously and professionally to people inquiring about volunteer opportunities at the local Processing Center. This includes responding to questions and inquiries generated in the volunteer scheduling software, Volunteer Management System (VMS).
- Utilize the VMS to schedule individuals and groups to serve in the Processing Center, striving toward maximum volunteer capacity for all hours of the Processing Center operation.
- Respond to emails, voicemails, and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development and compilation of training exercises and materials for the processing season.
- Communicate a basic understanding of Operation Christmas Child/Samaritan’s Purse to the general public.
- Work with the Processing Center Managers to provide the needed support for dining hall reservations for volunteers, staff meals, Processing Center tours, Inappropriate Items pickups and other responsibilities as needed.
- During season, oversee the answering of the OCC Processing Center phones, providing coverage during all hours of operation.
- Take accurate, detailed messages and ensure a timely delivery to the appropriate personnel.
- Check voicemail for messages on an hourly basis.
- Assist with any cancellation of volunteers as the Processing Center closes for the season at the discretion of the Processing Center Manager.
- Be familiar with Key Operation Christmas Child/Samaritan’s Purse personnel who may need to reach various Operation Christmas Child/Samaritan’s Purse personnel working at the Processing Center.
- Be able to accurately communicate driving directions to the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center.
- After processing season, assist with inventorying items returned from Processing Centers.
This is a full time, seasonal/temporary position for approximately six months.
Qualified candidates will have highly developed administrative, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Candidate will be detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. Excellent computer skills, including competency Word and Outlook are required. Pre-employment computer skills testing is required. Candidate will demonstrate a strong Christian Witness.
An Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and six months to one year related experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10480