Principal, Greta Home & Academy
Samaritan’s Purse is seeking to hire a Principal for the Greta Home and Academy, based in Haiti. The Greta Home and Academy is working to change the future of Haiti by providing a safe, Christian environment for children to learn and grow. The school trains young men and women to become Christian leaders by giving them a quality education, marketable skills, and spiritual encouragement through discipleship courses and worship services. Have a "Career With Impact" and serve as the Principal of the school!
As Principal, you will be given the opportunity to train and mentor academy leadership and faculty; ensure that learning methods and activities contribute to students’ spiritual, mental, social, and physical development. In addition, you will develop appropriate curriculum, activities and standards to ensure all Greta Home and Academy (GHA) students receive highest level of education.
*This position is based in Haiti
*This is a spouse only accompanied position (unable to accommodate children)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead academy’s administration, faculty and students toward GHA’s vision, mission and goals.
- Ensure adherence to procedures for optimal operation and functioning consistent with Evangelical Christian philosophy, mission, values and goals.
- Supervise staff and programs to ensure all students receive highest possible level of education.
- Model teaching methods that encourage a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with best practices in child development and learning.
- Mentor national GHA leadership team to help develop knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to advance GHA’s performance over time.
- Observe classroom instruction; review lesson plans, classroom operations and teaching methods; implement improvement plans for desired educational outcomes.
- Manage staffing selection, hiring, and supervision; report any performance concerns to GHA Executive Director.
- Ensure compliance with all Haitian governmental educational requirements, licensure, board policies, and civil regulations.
- Complete all records and reports as requested by the Executive Director in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree (M. A.) in Education or equivalent; and at least four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A proven track record as a school administrator or principal; international school experience preferred
- Significant experience in a developed country’s educational system
- Fluency in English required. French or Creole would be a benefit
- Deeply committed to supporting a wide range of learners, serving underprivileged students, and thriving in a multicultural environment
- Skilled at developing teachers in an impoverished third-world context
- Passionate for educational excellence, quality outcomes and practices
- Ability to keep focus on the overall goal of sharing the Gospel
- Proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies required
- Start each day with staff devotions and prayer
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10727