PeopleSoft Developer/HCM Programmer
Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Senior PeopleSoft Developer/HCM Programmer, to support our Peoplesoft HCM development and customization to fit our Business IT initiatives here at Samaritan's Purse. This is an opportunity of great responsibility and leadership, this PeopleSoft Developer would be responsible for the overall design, development, integration, and delivery of various PeopleSoft HCM/CRM application components including reports, interfaces, conversions, and implementation of custom solutions. The ideal candidate would be highly detailed oriented, with a track record of successful HCM Development experience at an Enterprise level, supporting multiple departments and/or teams. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Desired 5+ years experience with HCM Development and Implementations (preferably PeopleSoft).
- Preferred exposure to PeopleSoft HCM, Finance and/or Campus Solutions version 9.2.
- Execute advanced SQL data manipulation statements, and have advanced knowledge and utilization of the PeopleTools toolset, including such items as Dashboards, Pivot Grids, and Drop Zones.
- Implements and manages the PeopleSoft HCM Application Suite and assists with ongoing maintenance and incremental updates or fixes of the existing software applications
- Responsible for the overall design, development, integration, and delivery of various PeopleSoft HCM/CRM application components including reports, interfaces, conversions, and implementation of custom solutions.
- Leads and participates in PeopleSoft and various System architecture design based on systems analysis and advanced understanding of IT systems and applications.
- Leads in the assembling of application specification documentation.
- Develops and maintains technical systems documentation.
- Oversees and mentors more junior Applications Programmers to ensure proper and documented code.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and Business Leads in determining the requirements and design of enhancements and providing technical services to solve root cause of break/fix incidents and bug fixes
- Exhibits solid understanding of HCM application integrations with Web Services.
- Acts as a lead liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Exhibits excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices, with the ability to research, design, document, and modify technical software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration workflows for Infrastructure.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Career with Purpose!
- Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Long term and short term disability insurance.
- Term Life insurance.
- Highly Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching).
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10681