Hurricane Maria left the island of Dominica devastated. Samaritan’s Purse is currently providing clean water and shelters to islanders recovering from the aftermath of this natural disaster. Click here to discover more about our work on the island! Help demonstrate the love of Christ in a tangible way by serving as a Operations Manager in Dominica!
As a Operations Manager, you will be given the opportunity to be responsible for directing and coordinating all Dominica resources and support personnel for optimal operating capacity. Additionally, the Operations Manager will provide strategic oversight and leadership to the country office in the areas of: logistics, procurement, inventory, information technology, and administration.
- Support continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information between field sites and the operations department.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team, and provide support to the Country Office in ensuring information flows, advice and support on operations issues related to the Dominica office.
- Maintain oversight for the timely provision of goods and services for all projects.
- Oversee and manage all travel schedules and flight schedules, continually evaluating the cost effectiveness and alternative solutions.
- Develop and oversee national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of program resources.
- Enforce and uphold donor and SP regulations for procurement as well as best practices for operations.
- Conduct price audits to keep procurement staff accountable.
- Manage the country wide inventory systems.
- Ensure inventory storage tracking and distribution is occurring efficiently with accountability at all field sites.
- Produce timely inventory reports to Samaritan's Purse International Headquarters.
- Enforce Samaritan's Purse procedures regarding contracted service. In addition provide frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
- Maintain network and awareness of local and national laws and ensure organizational adherence.
- Establish and maintain a harmonious working environment by introducing capacity building trainings seeking to strengthen & encourage active participation and interaction within the operations department and staff.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Advanced degree in business administration, public administration, logistics, supply chain management or related field.
- 5 years of proven relevant progressively responsible work experience in administration, operational management, and/or office- base management. Preferably with an international NGO.
- Twelve credit of hours college level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of office administration, organizational management, logistics and supply chain management.
- Experience in establishing systems and policies for asset management, real time inventory and procurement for multi million dollar projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Twelve vacation days per year
*Unable to accommodate family or spouse
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)