Operations & Compensation Manager
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for an Operations & Compensation Manager in our Human Resources Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Ensures compensation/salary administration adheres to established philosophy, policies and consistent practice.
- Researches and recommends modifications to salary ranges and/or structures.
- Performs wage and salary data analysis, evaluation and benchmarking.
- Recommends base pay ranges for new hires, promotions, job changes, geographic cost of labor differentials.
- Performs expatriate salary and allowances analysis and cost estimates. Identifies, researches and addresses internal equity concerns.
- Advises leadership on organization design and effectiveness best practices; partners to recommend adjustments to positions and reporting structures as requested.
- Design salary structure and grades; slot positions within the pays scale based on essential job functions. Partner with vendors to develop and deploy domestic and international salary structures.
- Practice environmental scanning to determine best HR and compensation practices, job market changes and to determine with adjustments and alignment as needed.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Manages salary planning process to ensure that employees are paid competitively with appropriate external markets.
- Oversees salary survey participation and position matching for competitive review.
- Analyzes results and presents recommendations. Review departments according to established annual calendar.
- Maintains all ministry job descriptions and organization charts, with regard to reporting relationships.
- Provides consulting support and guidance as needed for colleagues, managers and employees with regard to compensation issues, promotions and job changes.
- Salary planning and labor cost consultant for organization leadership.
- Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Works closely with Finance Department on employment cost budget preparation (annual and amended), with primary focus on cost analysis of proposed new regular and temporary positions.
- Plans, executes and communicates annual merit process (common review date and anniversary date plans).
- Researches merit budget, drafts merit guidelines, and prepares associated communications. Reviews/recommends compensation policy as necessary, collaborates with HR and Mangers on rating/merit calibration meetings during annual performance review process.
- Ensures legal compliance (i.e., FLSA, ACA, EEO1 reporting, annual wage disclosure notices, State/Federal labor/safety postings, etc.).
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, or related field and five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in administration of compensation programs, including job analysis, evaluation and scoping for domestic and international (expatriate and third-country nationals) jobs, salary survey participation and analysis, and merit administration.
- Experience administering expatriate compensation packages or significant international experience required.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience required.
- Thorough grasp of HR policy and procedures needed, with experience managing HR compliance and reporting.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional), Strategic Workforce Planning (SWP) or other recognized compensation certification desired. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) desired.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10413