Operation Christmas Child Content & Media Manager
Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 100 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Our desire is to continue to grow this exciting, life changing ministry so more children around the world are impacted by the Gospel.
We currently have an opportunity to join our operations team as a Content & Media Manager. As an experienced media professional, you will be responsible for managing Operation Christmas Child content strategy, digital media, and Media Relations team, to generate shoebox gifts and support overarching and domestic team initiatives. Don’t miss this opportunity to serve!
This opportunity allows you to:
- Manage the Operation Christmas Child content strategy across all marketing channels. Coordinate the multi-team release of ministry videos, articles, photos, and other digital assets.
- Lead Media Relations team to increase digital media strategy when securing news coverage through traditional media outlets and their digital platforms.
- Manage the Operation Christmas Child domestic content database and content calendars. Coordinate content usage and implementation with Broadcast and Communications Departments, and provide regular content updates for Operation Christmas Child affiliate offices.
- Curate and develop story leads, providing content to appropriate teams for use in digital or traditional media efforts. Research and analyze leads for use on all media and marketing channels.
- Lead annual domestic content trips. Manage all trip details included preparation, schedule, content opportunities, and multi-departmental needs. Plan strategic use of content gathered during trips.
- Create innovative and compelling social media content for Operation Christmas Child profiles.
- Provide strategic content to various teams within Operation Christmas Child including Student Relations, Prayer, Community Relations, Church Relations, Diverse Markets, Operations, Logistics, and Volunteer Relations.
- Lead Media Relations team to increase participation and shoebox gift generation through the support and development of shoebox-generating and brand-increasing ministry media partnerships each year.
- With expert analysis, oversee the national media advertising strategy. Ensure advertising methods result in highest return on investment.
- Perform research and analysis on content and media strategies. Develop measurable goals. Provide data sets for use in analyzing user activity, trends, and suggest improvements.
- Stay current on latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, and applications related to marketing and digital media.
We ask that you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field, from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years digital marketing experience
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- Employee must maintain working knowledge of marketing trends, tools, and resources.
- Google Analytics knowledge strongly preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies, strongly preferred.
Location: Boone, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9825