New Employee Orientation Trainer
Serve with us in Human Resources!
We are seeking a New Employee Orientation Trainer on our Learning & Development Team. This role ensures the effective implementation of New Employee Orientation for domestic staff and Disaster Response teams. You will be given the opportunity to assist with developing, scheduling, executing, and evaluating training and performance management for Samaritan’s Purse orientation programs. Working closely with various ministry departments, the Trainer continually improves orientation and training content to ensure participants are aligned with the ministry vision and mandate, and prepared for service with Samaritan’s Purse.
Are you interested in utilizing your training expertise to have a global, kingdom impact? If so, we invite you to apply today!
**This position is based in Boone, NC. We are unable to accommodate for remote or freelance work.**
A day in the life of a New Employee Orientation Trainer:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and then we join together to pray for one another, our staff and volunteers serving around the globe.
In the role of a New Employee Orientation Trainer, you will:
- Develop, coordinate, and execute all orientation program training for new employees and Disaster Assistance Response Team members.
- Support the development, implementation, facilitation, and management of training materials.
- With guidance from the Learning & Development Assistant Director, utilize proven training design and adult learning strategies to ensure that all learning is aligned with departmental goals.
- Assist with the development, review, and improvement of orientation training and curriculum, conducting needs analysis to help determine overall effectiveness and recommending improvements for future offerings.
- Identify, recommend, and apply proven adult learning design principles to deliver classroom-style training, job aids, and informal learning opportunities that support the orientation programs, drawing on the expertise of Learning & Development and other training experts.
- Work closely with the Training Coordinator to ensure all event logistics, communications, and presentations are completed with excellence.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and three (3) to five (5) years of event facilitation, live training delivery, or other related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communicates Effectively - developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus - building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Instills Trust - gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Plans and Aligns - planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Optimizes Work Processes - knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Action Oriented - taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Organizational Savvy - maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)