Monitoring & Evaluation Training Coordinator, South Sudan
Are you gifted with the ability to transform raw data into a living, breathing, and meaningful story? Join us as a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Training Coordinator at Samaritan’s Purse! As an M&E Training Coordinator in South Sudan, your expertise will prove invaluable in the professional development of our M&E Field Staff as they seek to reflect the story of Christ’s love for the people of South Sudan.
For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Support implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, & Learning (MEAL) system in South Sudan, working closely with other M&E staff, consultants and provide progress updates to, donors and Key stakeholders, and to the National M&E Program Manager when appropriate.
- Lead the management of Samaritan’s Purse Reporting System (SPRS) in South Sudan, providing training and support to M&E, Program Managers and other staff for in the use of data collection software.
- Design M&E strategies for Samaritan’s Purse field program in South Sudan ensuring that all activities and results meet quality standards for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), World Health Organization (WHO) or other standards, where appropriate, and are in line with organizational guidelines.
- Attend and represent Samaritans Purse at Coordination and cluster meetings with other stakeholders/ partners held in Juba and state level updating on particular information where required.
- Ensure appropriate and internationally standardized performance indicators, such as Food Consumption Score (FCS), Coping Strategies Index (CSI), and Household Hunger Scale (HHS) are integrated into M&E plans and on-going monitoring activities.
- Contribute to design and development of new projects/program concepts and proposal ensuring that especially results frameworks, logical frames, work plans are well done and are in compliance with the donor requirements and organizational standards.
- Train and/or participate in rapid needs assessments, baselines and evaluations to inform program design where necessary.
- Train and assist program and M&E field staff to conduct surveys using appropriate standardized methods.
- Manage the information-gathering process for results and performance results, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed.
- Organize training to build capacity of M&E and program staff on M&E topics such as data collection, management and analysis, and report writing techniques to ensure compliance with donor standards.
- Facilitate evaluation sessions with Program staff on lessons learned, program performance and work plans in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide training to M&E and program staff in the use of Mobile Data Collection (MDC), use of iForm builder software equipment for project monitoring purposes in conjunction with SPRS.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in development-related subjects preferable (or Public Health, Economics and Statistics).
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of project-cycle management and development.
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience in M&E.
- Experience in proposal development, grant management, and report writing
- Practical experience in developing M&E tools (Logical frameworks, Work plans, Results frameworks, Performance Monitoring Plans).
- Experience working for INGO’s, preferably in Africa.
- Experience in Emergency Nutrition Assessments
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, management and analysis with experience in Mobile Data Collection (MDC).
- Experience using statistical analysis computer software programs.
- Thorough understanding of project evaluations, and experience implementing surveys with various sampling methodologies.
- Strong report writing and review skills.
- Advanced algebra skills required for evaluating M&E data.
- Requires in-country travel of more than 50% throughout the year.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9637