Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, Iraq
Are you gifted with the ability to transform raw data into a living, breathing, and meaningful story? Join us as a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer at Samaritan’s Purse (SP)! As an M&E Officer in Iraq, you will serve as the site’s primary authority on monitoring and evaluation of refugee program efficacy, and will additionally contribute as SP Iraq’s resident expert on data collection and processing. Your skills can help to articulate the story of Christ’s love for a desperate population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Track program impact against targets, indicators, and organizational goals.
- Facilitate the flow of data to Senior Programs Manager.
- Supervise staff in evaluation and tracking of program impact.
- Obtain and present baseline data in relevant program sectors.
- Assist in development of databases and information tools related to evaluation of program impact.
- Maintain dashboard information regarding the refugee relief response in Iraq.
- Ensure data compliance with external donors.
- Maintain the technology retrieval system with iPads and other telecommunication.
- Explore new technologies for data collection, data analysis, evaluations, and project impact assessments.
- Collect and update information on overall response status, personnel/resource locations, and progress of relief activities.
- Maintain applicable maps and displays to provide situational awareness to decision-makers regarding potential areas of concern.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Previous experience working abroad, ideally in Europe, Africa, or the Middle East.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation routines of major donors.
- Ability to analyze data and project activities against core documents, policies, humanitarian ethics, and organizational goals.
- Experience of work with a multi-national staff team preferred.
- Able to design, implement and evaluate data collection tools and analysis.
- Critical and creative thinking abilities
- Strong organizational skills.
- Mastery of necessary software: including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to work in a team and to relate to different sector managers and staff.
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to perform despite basic and remote living conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in: International Affairs/Development, Statistics or related field-level management experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Arabic language skills desirable, but not required.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment, but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9109