Monitor and Evaluation Advisor
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We are searching for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor. This strategic advisor will provide strong organizational and technical support to the Program Management Team in the Projects Department team and all international country offices. The position holds primary responsibility for the stored information of all project indicators activity as well as dissemination of stored information through report development, data metrics and analysis.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Support international country offices in designing and conducting project evaluations as needed to ensure maximum impact. Support projects staff in the creation of assessment tools and surveys.
- Advise on statistical analysis of project data and conduct advanced analysis when required.
- Support country offices in development of M&E strategies in proposals and reports as they are reviewed through the proposal development process.
- Support country offices in data collection, storage and analysis activities to capture Monitoring and Evaluation information and ensure data quality. Create and update templates for field office use.
- Maintain a system of reports and metrics pertaining to project activity. Develop and update reports and presentations with current metric information for Regional, Field Office and IHQ leadership review. Ensure achievement reports are presentation ready at all times. Ensure data collection and reporting tools are compatible.
- Develop and circulate a variety of tools to record and synthesize the output from lessons learning. Ensure outputs, communication products and other records of learning are organized and available for staff use.
- Create and conduct trainings on Monitoring & Evaluation and Project Management to Samaritan’s Purse employees as needed both through webinars and during field visits. Contribute to the mentoring of Program Development Coordinators.
- International Travel, required. 45-60 days per year. (10 days to 2 week trips)
We ask that you bring:
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines with keen attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills considering cultural context and complex topics
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to conduct complex analyses on a wide variety of project issues
- Experience in grant monitoring and evaluation principles
- Ability to develop and carry out plans and solve problems independently
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in SPSS or other similar statistical analysis software, iForm, ERP systems such as Serenic Navigator, GIS systems such as ArcGIS, MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Four year college or university program certificate; or three to five years related experience and/or training in monitoring and evaluation methodologies; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8689