Ministry Technical Advisor, International Projects
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ministry Technical Advisor to join our International Projects team. This position will play a critical role in the global development and execution of ministry programs in order to maximize Gospel opportunities with our beneficiaries affected by rapid- and slow-onset global disasters.
**Please include a cover letter along with your resume to explain why you are qualified for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Travel to Samaritan’s Purse global field sites as requested to monitor and evaluate field evangelism and discipleship strategies associated with SP programs and projects.
- Encourage and assist field staff in designing and implementing field evangelism and discipleship strategies that leverage Samaritan’s Purse programs and projects.
- Develop culturally appropriate resources that will aid staff in implementing evangelistic and discipleship strategies.
- Develop networks and partnerships that will aid staff in implementing ministry programming.
- Provide technical support to projects country offices to effectively support the local church.
- Ensure internationally-recognized best practices and Samaritan’s Purse policies are applied in field office efforts related to church mobilization, evangelism and discipleship.
- Review proposals and advise project development officers and project managers on effective church support, evangelism, discipleship strategies and metrics.
- Keep abreast of the latest research regarding mission strategies and empowering local churches for the purpose of helping field office design effective ministry programs.
- Research, develop, evaluate, and disseminate culturally-appropriate evangelism strategies, discipleship tools, best practices, and appropriate metrics of success.
- Ensure consistency amongst global ministry initiatives with Samaritan’s Purse’s overall strategies.
- Assist in interviewing select qualified candidates to fill open positions in the field as requested by regional/country leadership teams.
- Serve on the Incident Management Team (IMT) during disaster responses as necessary.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree (Master’s degree preferred) in ministry, missions, theology, counseling, or a related field
- Five to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant international experience and demonstrated success in cross-cultural communication and ministry strongly preferred.
- Comfortable with international travel - approximately 75 days a year.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)