Ministry Program Manager, South Sudan
Looking to take your wealth of international ministry experience to South Sudan? Join us as a Ministry Program Manager at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Ministry Program Manager in South Sudan, you will oversee the development, implementation, and management of all Ministry programs in South Sudan. Your expertise and efforts will help to strengthen and equip local churches with biblical literacy and knowledge, leadership, capacity building, and integrity. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Oversees all ministry projects in country to ensure alignment with Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan strategy.
- Standardizes ministry projects throughout Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan’s field locations.
- Empowers and provides leadership and technical support to the national staff at each field location in order to replicate their responsibilities within the local church.
- Provides guidance and direction to the team leader for "Leadership Based on Biblical Principles" training initiative.
- Supports initiatives to carry out follow-up activities with those who have completed the first level training.
- Works with the team leader to seek and develop partnerships with other organizations to facilitate success of the training initiative.
- Works with the team leader in the development of proposals and reports for the training initiative.
- Manages a Biblical Literacy & Discipleship Program (BiLD).
- Designs training material and workshops for local pastors to have the tools to preach accurate and biblically based sermons
- Creates and implements a church outreach program.
- Researches and designs a program that will motivate churches to more fully live out their God-given roles in their congregations and communities.
- Produces accurate and timely proposals and reports.
- In close coordination with the Grants Department, develops proposals and compiles monthly/quarterly/annual/final project reports for all ministry programs throughout South Sudan.
- Compiles donor ministry reports and stories as requested for Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan.
- In close coordination with Area Coordinators and the Country Director, develops a devotions schedule for each base.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable Theological College/University; Master of Divinity (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Three years’ experience in a Christian Ministry capacity and or ministry-related Program Management.
- Proven experience working with church structures and building inter-church coalitions.
- Extensive international and cross-cultural working experience
- Strong planning, organizing, budgeting, communication, and strategy formulation skills.
- English fluency with strong written and verbal communication skills; Arabic language proficiency is desirable but not required..
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Thorough understanding of local culture.
- Knowledge of computer systems (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle on rough roads and through extremely muddy conditions.
- In-country travel up to 50% in support of all field locations
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11129