Samaritan’s Purse, Mission Aviation Services, is seeking a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been called to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation related knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This position requires the applicant hold a United States, Federal Aviation Administration, Airline Transport or Commercial pilot certificate with appropriate ratings. FAA Flight Instructor certificate strongly preferred. Flight experience; 4,000 hours total flight experience, 1,000 hours multi-engine pilot-in-command, 1,000 hours turbine. International experience strongly preferred. This position will require frequent travel, irregular schedules, and a wide variety of responsibilities.
Support the ministry of Samaritan’s Purse by piloting ministry owned aircraft to transport company President/Chief Executive Officer and/or other officials and ministry guests. May also be point person for response to major disasters, both domestic and international.
Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a strong witness to colleagues, passengers, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned aircraft, Approved Flight Manual (AFM), aviation regulations, policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of readiness and professional skill as a pilot.
- Perform pilot duties as needed or assigned.
- Plan flights and file flight plans.
- Determine aircraft weight and balance and performance to ensure that proposed flights can be operated within all limitations.
- Obtain all available pre-flight information including weather, fuel requirements, alternates, traffic delays and interpret that information to ensure safe and efficient operation of proposed flights.
- Perform pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight checks to ensure safe flight operations.
- Greet passengers and determine any special needs or desires.
- Load and unload all passenger's luggage and cargo.
- Complete all flight logs, engine trend monitoring, and passenger lists for each flight in a timely manner.
- Maintain electronic charts, databases, iPads, documents, etc. in current and orderly manner.
Other aircraft related duties
- Work with Samaritan's Purse mechanics and contracted maintenance personnel to identify and resolve any maintenance discrepancies. (Ministry pilots are not authorized to conduct aircraft maintenance.)
- Maintain the aircraft in a clean and organized fashion when at and away from base including servicing of the aircraft lavatory after each flight.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and aesthetically appealing hangar facility.
- Evaluate new emerging technologies, equipment, procedures, safety and compliance concerns related to flight operations so that recommendations may be prepared for review by the Director and/or President/CEO.
- Demonstrate a professional and cooperative attitude during any interaction with the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Represent the Ministry in a professional manner when dealing with business associates, officials, and customers.
Assist the President and Director with additional duties as assigned.
This position requires availability to travel anywhere in the world (24/7) at a moment’s notice.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- 4000 hours total flight experience, 1000 hours multi-engine jet pilot-in-command, International experience.
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with AMEL rating
- Flight instructor certificate with multi-engine and instrument airplane ratings preferred
- Valid FAA First Class Aviation Medical Certificate, FCC Restricted Radio Permit, current US Passport, current vaccination record.
- Currency must be maintained in all assigned aircraft as provided by the ministry.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
- The expectation is for the preferred candidate to live no farther than a 30-45 minute commute. When position is not flying, regular office hours of 8:00 - 4:30 are maintained with duties in the office and hangar.
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)