Medical Response Program Manager
Our mission at Samaritan's Purse is to provide spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world while promoting the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. In Colombia, South America, we have the opportunity to provide primary medical care while sharing about the ultimate healing by the Great Physician. We're searching for a Medical Response Program Manager to oversee all medical operations in our primary care clinic whose patients have experienced immense suffering from an on-going crisis. We invite you to apply today!
Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Assist with the field-level execution of the program against all set objectives and within the agreed budgets, through working alongside national staff and managers to provide leadership and direction.
- Guide all treatment pathways within the context of approved government standards of care.
- Work in support of the Country Director, as well as other relevant program staff to create carefully constructed proposals and budgets for new projects/extension of projects in the health sector.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse to local donor representatives, Government Authorities, and all relevant stakeholders, ensuring that plans and proposals address critical needs and meet donor criteria for provision of funding.
- Look for opportunities to incorporate the local church into medical programs and seek opportunities to partner with churches and local partners.
- Be responsible for the establishment of reporting procedures and formats, and preparation of reports for management and donors.
- Provide overall supervision and support for medical staff and managers to ensure personal and professional development of staff through regular performance reviews and ongoing mentoring.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place and that project reviews are carried out periodically in conjunction with the project management and team.
- Attend medical, health and nutrition sector meetings with the purpose of networking and gaining crucial information on the work of other agencies.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Prepare and submit monthly narrative, financial donor, and project status reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Masters degree in Public Health or Clinical Medical Degree, and experience working in a clinical setting. Minimum of two to three years’ experience managing health programs.
Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encouraging, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team.
- Spiritual maturity; ability to keep the focus of the work on the goal of sharing the Gospel.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements, and standards.
- Experience in project management in health sectors including proposal writing, program development, implementation, and monitoring/evaluating methodologies.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects.
- Experience living and working in Latin America preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Two-year contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is able to accommodate a spouse and family.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Reference #: 9742