Medical Response Program Manager, Syria
We are hiring a Medical Response Program Manager in Syria! As the Medical Response Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the implementation and design of medical projects on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse in Syria. This includes being the primary point of contact for medical programs’ partners on the ground as well as donors, and you will advise leadership and staff on accepted local practices and rules. In this position you will coordinate procurement and delivery of medical supplies with the logistics team in-country and will advise on contract negotiations. You will also oversee expat and national staff as appropriate.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position. Regular travel with a team into high risk, hazardous areas.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Implement and maintain the health program at the field office level.
- Direct and manage medical program objectives, treatments, activities and reporting to ensure adherence to timelines and compliance with policies, practices, and procedures.
- Supervise expat and national staff to meet program objectives and high quality health care programming.
- Manage and oversee the budget as well as purchasing of medicines and supplies.
- Create proposals and budgets for new projects and extension of projects in the health sector.
- Responsible for the establishment of reporting procedures and formats, and preparation of reports for management and donors.
- Attend medical, health, and nutrition sector meetings with the purpose of networking and gaining crucial information on the work of other agencies.
- Pursue contacts with local government officials and with NGO and UN representatives as needed. Ensuring plans and proposals address critical needs and meet donor criteria for provision of funding.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Clinical Medical or a related field of study.
- 2-3+ years related experience in a clinical setting and managing medical programs as a practitioner. Public health background in a clinic or hospital (preferred). No active license needed.
- Proven ability to coordinate program staff, develop budgets, proposal writing, program development, complete reporting and monitor/evaluate methodologies within health sector.
- Strong relational, planning, organizational, finance management and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently in the field.
- Be a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure. Regular travel with a team into high risk, hazardous areas. Flexible and adaptable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong reasoning abilities.
- Strong English language writing skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
- Language: Fluency in English (required); Arabic preferred.
- Experience living and working in the Middle East (preferred), Syria a bonus.
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11315