Medical Program Manager
Our mission at Samaritan's Purse is to provide spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world while promoting the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Based in our International Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina, we are searching for a Medical Program Manager to work on our World Medical Mission team. World Medical Mission places Christian physicians, dentists, and other medical professionals to serve at mission hospitals around the world. As our Medical Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to direct logistics, build teams, and provide strategic oversight to all surgical sub-specialty teams deployed by World Medical Mission. We invite you to apply today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Oversee the development of World Medical Mission surgical sub-specialty programming including orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, and urology by identifying potential partnership hospitals.
- Provide strategic oversight of logistics, transportation, and coordination for surgical sub-specialty volunteers.
- Develop and manage global standard operating procedures and policies for the surgical sub-specialty teams and ensure quality implementation of patient care and direction of volunteer teams.
- Obtain necessary permissions and agreements from the local Ministry of Health and partnering hospital facilities.
- Work with World Medical Mission staff to recruit, interview, and select qualified medical volunteers to serve on surgical sub-specialty teams.
- Partner with support staff including biomedical technicians, associated partnership hospital staff, and volunteers to obtain the necessary resources to implement dynamic programming around the world.
- Ensure that all necessary medical equipment, supplies, and pharmaceuticals required to perform sub-specialty surgeries are available on-site at the host hospital for program implementation.
- Develop a strategic plan for evangelism and spiritual care to the beneficiaries of these programs.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, volunteers, mission hospital staff, and beneficiaries.
- All employees will proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through their employment to further Samaritan’s Purse mission.
- Master’s degree in Public Health and/or prior experience as a Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel 50 to 75 days per year.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Career with impact!
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Learn more about our World Medical Mission project here!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Reference #: 9724