The Infectious Disease and Diphtheria Isolation Treatment Center (IDTIC) Medical Coordinator is responsible to lead and coordinate the medical team and program manager. They will be the point person for the IDCIT Program Manager and liaise with other medical IMGO’s involved in the Rohingya response.
Individual should have experience in healthcare and be willing to work in a disaster environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assist in the development and management of all matters related to SP IDCIT medical response.
- Lead and execute the daily tasks that are needed for the treatment of patients, including compliance of infectious disease protocols.
- Coordinate with the Program Manger staffing schedule and needs.
- Assist with medical logistics associated with IDCIT.
- May liaise with relevant government and donor representatives, as directed.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of local medical personnel; mobilize and monitor developed team.
- Collection of data from the medical information officer for stakeholders involved.
- Maintain a lifestyle consistent with Jesus Christ, in words and actions
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Program Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Public health, nursing or medical experience and/or education.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Networking and team building skills will be required
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team
- Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in public health, BSc. in nursing, medical or another relevant degree required; 2 to 3 years’ of relevant healthcare experience in developing countries; related work experience in disaster context. Critical care, ICU or Emergency hospital experience is recommended. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
This work environment will be physically challenging. The employee will be exposed to excessive tropical heat, sun, and moisture. The employee will be exposed to many tropical diseases, including malaria.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9183