Media & Communications Manager, South Sudan
Are you an experienced Creative Writing professional with a heart for humanitarian programming? Join us as a Media and Communications Manager with Samaritan's Purse! As a Media and Communications Manager in South Sudan, your gifts will be used to effectively relate the amazing story of God's work through design and implementation of a country-level communications and media strategy. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
· Gathers accurate information and conducts research to write recurring situation reports that are used to brief the organizational leadership team on the overall situation, program activities, security incidents, and other pertinent issues.
· Liaises with Samaritan's Purse South Sudan Grants Department and field staff to compile program achievements for regular board reports, quarterly reports, and donor ministries mailings.
· Frequently travels to field sites to encourage, train, and provide guidance to field staff, including facilitating staff workshops focused on photography, writing skills, and gathering impact stories.
· Assists field staff in writing and editing impact stories related to Samaritan's Purse programs in order to communicate the impact of Samaritan’s Purse programming.
· Coordinates trips for the International Headquarters visitors, journalists, and other individuals, escorting them to the various field sites (as necessary).
· Liaises with NGO/UN communications personnel and establishes relationships with local and international media personnel.
· Trains and prepares authorized Samaritan's Purse staff prior to internal and external media interviews.
· Actively manages country office Twitter account, by posting engaging data, photos, and videos that highlight the organization's work and the needs of the country. Effectively engages with Twitter audience.
· Works with the Communications Department at IHQ by submitting impact stories, up-to-date program information, and media content to be used on social media platforms that properly reflects the impact Samaritan’s Purse is having.
· Provides insight to Country Director on critical program activities and any serious physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of staff.
· Plans and manages communications in response to both slow and rapid-onset emergency/disaster relief situations.
· Provides direct support to Country Director as needed.
· Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· A servant's heart with a strong commitment to Christ, and desire to share Him with others.
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism, Communications, or a related field, with relevant experience and training preferred.
· Experience capturing photos for internal and external publications using a DSLR camera.
· One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
· Must be culturally sensitive and respectful of church and community leaders from all denominations
· Experience living and working in a developing nation
· Established strong leadership skills
· Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
· Willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Retirement savings plan
· Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· Annual home leave
· Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10266-1